For Sale Online Motorola Talkabout T280 2-Mile 14-Channel Two-Way Radio (Baltic Purple)

Motorola Talkabout T280 2-Mile 14-Channel Two-Way Radio (Baltic Purple)Buy Motorola Talkabout T280 2-Mile 14-Channel Two-Way Radio (Baltic Purple)

Motorola Talkabout T280 2-Mile 14-Channel Two-Way Radio (Baltic Purple) Product Description:

• Up to two-mile range
  • Channel lock, scan, and call alert
  • Enhanced backlight display
  • Advanced voice activation
  • NiMH rechargeable battery pack

Product Description

Talkabout 280NIMH Baltic Purple

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

125 of 128 people found the following review helpful.
5A great radio, but, worth the price?
By John A. Lefcourte
I purchased two of these because they had the most features of all the Motorola models. Having NOW read the reviews of some of the competitors I am certain that I would have been just as happy with cheaper models. These are the "cutest" and smallest, but the feature of different sounds to identify different callers is a disappointment. The SENDING radio makes five different noises to identify five different senders, but the noise is made out loud on the sender's radio and the noise is transmitted the same as one's voice would be. I find it annoying and not worth any extra cost over the model 250. The only advantage that I can see of the Motorola 250 and 280 over the competition is the number of channels and sub-channels they make available. This would be a useful feature when there are lots of other radios being used in the area, such as at a crowded theme park but, in the circumstances that I find myself, there are never other radios around and I am not certain that we will be able to communicate with radios with less channels.My wife and I use the radios when we are caravaning on drives with our car club and they have been very useful. One member missed a turnoff when he didn't see us turn and we were able to re-direct him, otherwise we probably would not have seen him until the end of the day.Another consideration in making a purchase of a two-way radio is the number and type of accessories, we wound up spending as much on accessories as we did on the radios: arm holsters, earphone/ microphone combination for easier hands free operation when driving a car and rechargeable batteries and chargers.

56 of 57 people found the following review helpful.
5crystal clear voice reception,compact (small)
By Steven Johnson
I have a set of these 2 way radios and they are excellant. My wife and I use these when we go to the mall,or when we go on a trip with another couple using 2 cars. My dad and I also use these on our 120 acre farm.

When driving in cars reception is good up to a mile.

When using outside around hills reception range seems to be around .7 to a mile.

When using outside in ideal conditions (flat land, a way from power lines) reception seems to be around 1.8 to 2.2 miles.

This unit is small and fits in the palm of your hand. These units uses AA batteries which lasts up to 30 hours.

64 of 67 people found the following review helpful.
5Motorola TalkAbout 280SLK does not compare to the FR50!
By A Customer
The Motorola TalkAbout 280SLK is nothing like a Motorola FR50 Radio. These radios DONT COMPARE! The talk About 280SLK has a rechargeable battery ans has 532 channels. There Are 14 main channels and 38 sub-chanels. the FR50 has only 14 channels and no sub-codes. The 280SLK also has a call feature which has 5 calls the Fr50 has only 1 call. The talkabout 280SLK also has a channel scan which helps find active or free channels. The FR50 does not have this. The 280SLK has a vox feaurure which enables hands free opperation! You can set it to 3 sensitivity levels. The FR50 does not have this. The 280SLK also has a mute feuture which the FR50 does not have. You can also set your 280SLK to turn off at a spefic time! THESE 2 RADIOS DO NOT COMPARE! The TA280SLK is much Better! The FR50 is also twice the size of the 280slk. This is a great product! (280SLK)!

See all 18 customer reviews...

Latest Price: See on Amazon.com!
More Info: See on Amazon.com!
See Customers Review: See on Amazon.com!

Buy Motorola Talkabout T280 2-Mile 14-Channel Two-Way Radio (Baltic Purple)