For Sale Online Motorola TalkAbout T289 AA 2-Mile 14-Channel FRS Two-Way Radio (Black Chrome)

Motorola TalkAbout T289 AA 2-Mile 14-Channel FRS Two-Way Radio (Black Chrome)Buy Motorola TalkAbout T289 AA 2-Mile 14-Channel FRS Two-Way Radio (Black Chrome)

Motorola TalkAbout T289 AA 2-Mile 14-Channel FRS Two-Way Radio (Black Chrome) Product Description:

• 14 channels with 38 interference-eliminator codes
  • Voice-activated transmission (VOX) allows hands-free use with or without an accessory
  • 10 call tones to alert you to incoming calls
  • Small, lightweight design
  • Up to 2-mile range

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

25 of 25 people found the following review helpful.
5So many uses!, it's worth every penny
By Tom the Bike Guy
I originally bought a pair of these to keep in touch with buddies at concerts, when snowboarding/hiking/camping, and to keep in touch while in separate vehicles on road trips. They've worked wonderfully and have lived up to every expectation I've had. They're great for car/boat shows and outdoor events like art or craft fairs. They come in very handy if you're doing any kind of wiring in your house or office. I've used them countless times to run wires through the attic at home and across the roof at work, it's very helpful to be able to talk to the person that's feeding the wires, and especially when one person is working at each end of the wire (no more yelling at the top of your lungs). This 289 model is worth the extra price, it's significantly smaller and has more features. If you're on a budget though, go with the 250 model (or even cheaper the FR50 or 60), it's still a wonderful radio, and they all work with eachother. Motorola is soon coming out with a new line of radios, the 6300 series which have a new design, a stopwatch and alarm built in, and also an FM radio tuner on some models. On a sidenote, if you're the extravagant gift giving type, give your adolescent son/daughter/nephew/neice a pair of these as walkie-talkies, they'll love you forever.

20 of 20 people found the following review helpful.
5What a great FRS!
By A Customer
I finally found the best FRS for under [$]! The quality on these units are the best. Best reception, best transmission range, best looking...& so on.

I tried out both the 289 & the 250. Both very exceptional FRS. I really did like the 250, but since it did not have a channel lock, & call button, & was a bit bigger than the 289. About the 250 though, one of my daughters did drop that FRS & it survived! No lose of communication, or anything. Pretty tough little FRS. I hope the 289 can take drops just as well. I am returning it b/c the 289 has the features I am looking for.

My family & I went to Disneyland today, so it was a great testing ground for these FRS. I noticed many people w/ FRS at the park. But only a few times did I get somebody not in my group on the same channel. Only lost reception when my wife was in an inside attraction, ie-Indiana Jones ride. For the most part, outside reception was best. We were able to communicate even if we were in different stores in the park, where there is not much radio signals. I really like that the 289 has 14 channels & 32 sub channels. Also it has a built-in VOX feature. I did not try this out at Disneyland, due to the fact that it is pretty loud there & it will activate the VOX feature. I was able to clip it on my Backpack, using a Body Glove cover & strap. So it was close to hear incoming calls from my wife. Weight was never an issue. They are pretty light, seems pretty durable also.

Only gripe I have is when I had the 289 inside a Body Glove carry case. I like the Body Glove b/c it protected the 289 to a point, & kept it clean. Only real gripe is the clear plastic by the buttons. The clear plastic is a bit stiff, so most of the time, I had to really push the buttons to make it work. A bit of a drag, but since I set the channel & volume, I really do not have to mess w/ the settings. I only messed around w/ the settings to test them out. ...

15 of 15 people found the following review helpful.
5Really glad I went with the Motorolas........
By A Customer
We were in the market for a pair of FRS radios and I had two slight reservations about the Motorolas:

1. I thought the price was a little bit high compared to some of the other brands.

2. I wasn't really sure how I would like the "Push To Talk" button being in the front center of the radio.

I'm really glad I decided to go for the 289's because they are VERY cool radios. The PTT button is not a problem at all. These things are so small you can reach the button easily with your thumb(or any other finger) with the radio in almost any position. As for the price, I think the Motorola 289's are built very well and are probably worth the extra(if any) you have to give for them.

I didn't think the radios worked all that great at first because they were not real clear. That was only because they were too close together. As soon as we got the radios separated they were just awesome. Loud and clear for almost two miles with me in the car and my wife in the house.

We've only had the radios for a short time but I don't know what I ever did without them. Used them last night to install a satellite dish on the roof.

The only thing I didn't have much luck using was the scan feature. I had them set to scan two channels and it would never see any transmissions on the second channel. I think it's probably only because I need to read the book and figure out exactly how to set them up. There are lots and lots of features on these babies. Some of the features I will probably use all the time, some I will try once and never use again.

Have to just say that I would highly reccomend these to anyone in the market for FRS radios. They work GREAT and they are the coolest looking(IMHO) radios on the market.

See all 7 customer reviews...

Latest Price: See on Amazon.com!
More Info: See on Amazon.com!
See Customers Review: See on Amazon.com!

Buy Motorola TalkAbout T289 AA 2-Mile 14-Channel FRS Two-Way Radio (Black Chrome)